As a non-profit that doesn’t receive funding from any government, academic or religious institution, we rely on the support of our community to make it possible for us to continue making Taoism more accessible in the world.
Become a supporter of the Sanctuary of Tao with a tax-deductible membership for just $9/month (paid annually). To show our appreciation for our supporters, we strive to add value to your life through the Celestial Member Area, where you can find:
- Key foundational resources you can use to develop a practice to revitalize your health and spirit.
- Learning materials with guidance on Internal Alchemy that will help you restore youthfulness and awaken your spirit through your practice.
- In-depth opportunities to engage with the wisdom of Taoist Philosophy.
To continue showing our appreciation, we will regularly add new content to our Celestial Member Area, including the latest talks, webinars, and recordings of various seminars and classes.
Taiji Qigong (Just Added)
Anyone looking to improve their health can use this fundamental Qigong instructional video to develop and increase the flow of Qi throughout the body, which is the foundation of health in Taoism and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Yi Tai Chi 16-Posture Before Heaven Form (Just Added)
Stuart Alve Olson created this Yang Style Taijiquan form based on the workings of the I Ching (Book of Changes). In the Celestial Member Area you can find:
- The instructional video of the 16-posture form
- A PDF detailing each posture to download or view online
- And counted practice music.
This short-form contains the essence of Tai Chi and, when practiced two or three times in a row, will give the same benefits as any long-form arrangement.
Tao De Jing
Celestial Immortal Members are invited to the weekly Tao De Jing Class, through the Tao Talks Podcast and Q&A sessions, with access to the class recordings in the Celestial Immortal area. No need to register. Just access the Invitation in the Celestial Immortal Area and show up for the class on Sundays.
If we offered this as a regular class, even at the low price of $10 per class, that would cost hundreds of dollars per year, but with your $60 yearly membership, this is like paying about a dollar per class. That’s a tremendous value. And this is just one of the many benefits of being a Celestial Immortal.
As a Celestial Immortal, you can access one of the course materials free on the Tao De Jing Meditation Audio page. We highly recommend a contemplation practice of listening to the Tao De Jing on a regular basis as the best way to engage with the text.
Other Membership Area Content
- Video lessons of the Five Animal Frolics Taoist Qigong Exercises that correlate to the five organs of the body
- Video lessons for the Four Seasonal Qigong Exercises (see our Calendar for start and end dates for each of the exercises)
- Recordings of Stuart discussing three Taoist books: Taoist Yoga, The Secret of the Golden Flower, and Taoism the Road to Immortality
- Yellow Court Scripture Lecture Series, focusing on Stuart’s volume 1 of the Yellow Court Book Series
- And much more!
Value of the Celestial Membership:
==> Taiji Qigong Instructional Video—$49.95
==> Yi Tai Chi 16-Posture Before Heaven Form
- Instructional video of the 16-posture form—$49.95
- a PDF detailing each posture to download or view online—$19.95
- counted practice music—$14.95
==> Weekly Tao De Jing Class—$10 a class for a year—over $450
==> Tao De Jing Meditation Audio—$29.95
==> Video lessons of the Five Animal Frolics Taoist Qigong Exercises—$39.95
==> Video lessons for the Four Seasonal Qigong Exercises—$50
==> Recordings of Stuart discussing three Taoist books: Taoist Yoga, The Secret of the Golden Flower, and Taoism the Road to Immortality—$90
==> Yellow Court Scripture Lecture Series, on volume 1—$150
Total value: $944
Plus, there are many more free resources through the Celestial Membership and we will continually be adding more.
For $9 a month paid annually ($108 per year)…
… you gain access to this wealth of resources, all the while knowing that you are helping the Sanctuary of Tao bring more of Taoism into the world.