With the Sanctuary of Tao, you can transform stress, health problems, and lack of connection by …
- Discovering Taoist wisdom on following the natural Way of the Tao and your personal tao
- Developing a practice of meditation, Qigong, and/or Tai Chi to nourish your body and spirit
- Joining a community where people come together to learn, practice, & support each other
What Is Taoism?
Taoism is a philosophy that emerged thousands of years ago in China. Its practical wisdom guides us along a pathway toward restoring ourselves to optimum health and wellbeing, living from our spirit, and experiencing the Tao—a state of oneness with “Infinite Love, Infinite Wisdom, and Infinite Simplicity.”
To learn more about Taoism, click here.
What Is the Tao?
“The Tao is unknowable, vast, eternal. As undifferentiated void, pure spirit, it is the mother of the cosmos; as non-void, it is the container, the sustainer, and, in a sense, the being of the myriad objects, permeating all.”—John Blofeld, Taoism: The Road to Immortality
“This Divine Current [Tao] is above time, space, and ‘existence’ itself but It fills, guides and nourishes the Universe according to Its own laws. It is Infinite Love, Infinite Wisdom, and Infinite Simplicity and contains infinite potentialities.”—Peter Goullart, The Monastery of Jade Mountain
To learn more about the Tao, click here.
What Is Your Personal Tao?
Taoist seek to find and follow their personal tao. Your “personal tao” means finding your natural ways of being and your own path in life. Each of us is a unique expression of the whole–the Tao. Living our personal tao is about stripping away our unhelpful conditioning and living authentically from that true essence.
To learn more about living your personal tao, click here
Become a Celestial Immortal Member
Become a supporter of the Sanctuary of Tao with a tax-deductible membership for just $9/month (paid annually) and you can,
- Learn the 16-posture Tai Chi form that offers the same benefits as a long-form
- Learn a Taiji Qigong practice you can do anywhere, in minutes
- Learn Five-Animal Qigong to revitalize your heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, and stomach
- Learn how to use your practice to awaken through Internal Alchemy
- Engage in-depth with Taoist philosophy through our weekly Tao De Jing Class
- And much more!
Featured Tao Blog Posts
From www.science.org.au: “No one likes the thought of growing old. Despite our many human endeavors to escape or delay the process of aging, it seems to be an inevitable part of life. But … why? Why do living things gradually fall apart when they grow older? There is a word for it: senescence is the […]
Scientists have discovered a new piece of human anatomy we never knew we had—a layer of connective tissue that exists all over the body. It sits below the skin’s surface, lining the digestive tract, the lungs, and even our blood vessels. Researchers say it could be the missing link the medical community needs to move […]